Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It's been a busy 2 days here at FAME.  Our opening day neurology clinic was a big hit - we saw 34 patients total between the three of us!  Seventeen of them were pediatric cases.  I've been able to see health care in a variety of different settings around the world, and this is one of the few times that I've felt confident that we are making a difference.  In fact, I was blessed to see all of the good work my predecessor, Doug Smith, has done.  About half the patients with epilepsy that I saw in clinic yesterday were well-controlled on their medications!  It's a huge deal given the high risk of traumatic and burn injuries patients with epilepsy face in this setting as well as the significant financial and logistical barriers to care.

For more info on our work here (as well as an update on our patient from before) take a look at my attending's blog: Michael in Tanzania  He is far more diligent than myself about posting everyday.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment